impossible to stay awake in the shower. But, I still pressed on. I got
dressed, grabbed my stuff and headed out the door.
The street outside seemed rather empty and there was an eerie lack of
busses. When I got to work, the doors on the loading dock were
closed and the doors to the kitchen were locked; the kitchen was dark.
I banged on the doors, dreading that maybe Pedro was sick that day and
didn't come in.
And then it hit me.
I pulled out my phone only to discover that it was only 3:02 am. I've
done this before, but never gone this far. I've taken a shower and
gotten dressed before really early in the morning before I realized it
was only 2:00 am. And then we all know the releif you feel when you
realize that you get to sleep another few hours. But I've never left
my room and made it all the way to work before.
5 and 2 look quite similar on a digital clock, especially when groggy
and sleep deprived.
I walked back home and slept a few more hours. I got to "sleep in"
because I didn't need to take a shower.
Sigh.
Please stay tuned for more stories of this average life.
No comments:
Post a Comment