Sunday, February 7, 2010

Little Coffee Shops

I love little coffee shops. I have started this tradition with a few of my friends where every Sunday we pick a different local coffee shop in a nearby neighborhood to come and study at for a few hours.

I love supporting local businesses and they are so much better than big chains like Starbucks. I can understand if you are in a small town and all you have is Starbucks, then of course you can go there. But if you live in such a large metropolis like I do, then why not go to little, local coffee shops? And there are so many. You can go to a different one each day of the week.

Each coffee shop has its own individual feeling, mood, character, identity. The music is always great. Last week at a different place, it was all Electric Light Orchestra and Earth, Wind and Fire. Today, its "My Girl" by The Mamas and the Papas and Pink Floyd. Yes. That is all I can say.

So delicious.

I cannot study effectively by myself in my dorm room. It just doesn't happen. But, here, with friends, I feel more inclined to study, and so I do. It is a great system.

If you want to join us, you know who I am and how to contact me.

Please stay tuned for more stories of this average life.

2 comments:

  1. any specific shops that stand out above the rest? i'm always looking for new places to get my fix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to at least pretend that I am anonymous and that would include my location. It gives an air of intrigue and a bit of zest. If you know who I am and would like the above question answered, you know how to contact me (and I have a feeling you do), but that would require you to lose your anonymity.

    So, it seems, it shall remain a mystery. Sexy, I know!

    ReplyDelete