Thursday, January 7, 2010

Prying Bitchy Eyes

You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, you. I'm talking about you. I'm
not innocent here either. We're all guilty of doing it.

That stare. That glare. (That rhymed... I did not mean for that to
happen, but it is cute, so I'll keep it.) On the workout equipment at
the IMA. In the locker rooms. On the street. In class. Everywhere.
People have a tendancy to stare at others who appear of act out of the
ordinary. You know me, I'm loud, even obnoxious at times. And I'm big
(not normal). Yeah. That's right. I weigh 400 pounds but I am working
out at the IMA. Doing situps and 45 minutes on the eliptical machine.
Maybe even playing squash with friends. Stare if you like. I don't
give a damn. You may be a 120 pound breadstick of an existance, but I
can actually work out on the eliptical machine. I know... A huge
person whom is mildly healthy? Could it be? It's like I'm an apple at
an orange convention. I stick out like a sore thumb. Good. Keep
watching. I may even do a trick.

I know why we do it, why we stare. It's basic human nature to want to
investigate what is out of the ordinary. It's a defense mechanism. I
accept that. I just don't give a damn. Fuck conformity. As one of my
good friends says, I critisize ideologies instead of conforming to
them. I want you to stare. And I will just smile back. I know I'm out
of the ordinary, but I like it.

Being "normal" must be such a boring existance.

Please stay tuned for more stories of this average life.

No comments:

Post a Comment