Sunday, April 4, 2010

Rubber

Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:27:47 -0700

I am like a piece of rubber. Everybody yanking to get their little bit, me getting thinner. So many demands, so many causes, only so much of me.

I care so much about too much. There are so many great groups, all great causes and accomplishing great things. I is so difficult to choose which one to devote my time to. Luckily, I have learned to say "no."

I had the opportunity to rush at a gay fraternity. It is a really great group, I think that it would be a lot of fun to join and that I would be an asset to the group. All the brothers are great folks. But I have to say no. I could never afford the time to go through the pledge process. Not to mention the $200 pledge fee and $55 monthly membership price. I understand why they do it; they have to pay for insurance. But that is still a lot of money, money that I cannot afford. And with my limited financial resources and limited ability to commit my time, I would not be able to get the full benefit of either.

There are so many great causes. Young Democrats, PIRG, animal rights groups, student government etc. I have so much passion. And I can only be stretched so far.

Please stay tuned for more stories of this average life.

No comments:

Post a Comment