Saturday, December 26, 2009

It's been so long

Hello Blog,

It's been such an incredibly long time since we've spoken. I just read an amazing blog post made by one of my friends and it reminded me of you and how lucky I am to have such a great life and parents that I can discuss anything with.

My friend is lost between two families. His new life full of friends who accept him and cherish him for who he is. And then his other family is his real family. His parents and siblings. There are so many things that he can't say to his family that he wants to say and so many things he wishes to discuss, but can't. I went through that a few weeks ago, but luckily, that feeling was more of a personal illusion.

My parents always accepted me, but I did not feel that way. I believed that on the surface, they were ok with who I am, but deep down, I felt as though they deemed me as a lesser child. I felt as though every time my mother looked at me, she saw me in some hospital bed with purple spots or being beaten for being myself. I knew my parents didn't want me to lie and pretend to be the social norm, but I could not help the feeling that my mother would have wanted me to turn out different.

I spent so much time angry at them. Whenever I went home, I never laughed at their jokes and felt as though they were brushing me off when I'd object to people making assumptions about me.

Now, after saying my peace in an email to my mother and then calling her later to talk, I discovered that I was mad at them for no reason. I still am not quite sure why I felt that way, I was mad for a reason and I felt as though it was justified.

But now, things are great again. I know that my parents love me and support me whomever I am and choose to be or do with my life. I can only wish that luck and fortune for my friend and the various others who are going through the same process.

Please stay tuned for more stories of this average life.

No comments:

Post a Comment